Are you passionate about theatre? Do you have a message for South
If your answer is YES...
enter the 2012 Maskew Miller Longman Literature Awards
What to Submit
Maskew Miller Longman invites you to submit your unpublished and
original plays for children aged 12-15.
Entry Deadline: 30 April 2011
First prize: R7 500 will be awarded to the winner in each language.
The winning entry in each language category will be published by
Maskew Miller Longman
Runners-up: R3 500 will be awarded to runners-up in each language.
- Entries are invited only in the category of drama.
- An official entry form MUST accompany all entries.
- The dramas should appeal to South African youth aged 12 to
15 and should be suitable for performance and prescription at
- The length of the plays submitted should be between 3000 and
10 000 words.
- Established and new writers may submit original manuscripts
in any of the eleven South African official languages.
- The work submitted should be original, unpublished and untranslated
from any published material.
- The winning entry in each language category will be published
by Maskew Miller Longman.
- Non-winning entries may also qualify for publication.
- The competition is not open to MML staff members or their immediate
families and the judges/ screeners of the competition.
- The judge's decision is fi nal and no correspondence will be
- Entrants MUST be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Manuscripts MUST be typed on one side of unbound A4 page in
double spacing with all pages clearly numbered.
- Email entries will not be accepted.
- Authors are advised to retain a copy of their manuscript as
submitted copies will not be returned.
- There are no restrictions on the number of entries.
Judging & Notification
Entries will be judged by literature experts in each of our 11
Finalists will be notified in January 2012.
For a copy of the printed entry form please contact email@example.com
or call 021 532 6181.
Alternatively download a copy of the electronic entry form.
Contact Anthea Variend on Tel: (021) 532 6181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to submit
Send your manuscript + entry form to:
MML Literature Awards
c/o Anthea Variend
PO Box 396
Cape Town, 8000